Sunday, April 24, 2016

Revised Post to Peer Reviewers

We're coming to the end of the battle but I'm obligated to provide a link to my revised draft, which is actually the exact same link as the previous one since I'm working in Google Drive. Nevertheless, you asked for it, so here it is!


  • I'd again like to remind peer reviewers that I'm arguing an unpopular opinion and I'd like people to hear me out before they start accusing me of being a terrible person. I'd also like to clarify that my argument isn't made because I'm gearing up to provide an ultimate better solution. My entire argument is literally just to complain about someone else's idea. It's the part of the activity from the first day of this project where we wrote why the solution was terrible? That's my entire essay. So there's that
  • Weaknesses might be areas in which I contradict myself, or in which I'm not entirely clear. I'm an idiot and I decided to argue something that's a little difficult to defend and explain clearly, and so far feedback that I've gotten on those things have been the most helpful, so I'd love if we kept that coming
  • I honestly think my counterarguments are pretty good. It's incredibly easy to see the counterarguments, especially because I took the unpopular opinion so the vast majority of people actually believe in the opposite of what I chose to argue. So those were pretty abundant and while they might have been hard to handle as they pertained to discrimination, I do think I handled them fairly well. I also feel pretty good about my essay-writing capabilities, so I think my final product will be pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. I talked about my peer review here: http://alexisann-uofa.blogspot.com/2016/04/peer-review-for-rhiannon-bauer.html

    Good job on finishing your paper!

    ReplyDelete